Ancient Gua Sha has become one of the hottest beauty trends around the world and some women have reportedly given up Botox injections in exchange for this natural therapy.
One facial Gua Sha benefit that women are addicted to is its ability to improve skin texture and tackle wrinkles and fine lines. Yes, those lines and creases that form in our skin. Those deep crevices and furrows around our eyes, mouth and neck.
What Causes Wrinkles
Wrinkles are signs of maturity and the by-product of the ageing process. As we age, our skin cell cycle lengthens and the middle layer of the skin, called the dermis, begins to thin. These factors cause the gradual loss of skin elasticity, which eventually leads to the phenomenon of sagging.
While we believe that everyone should age naturally and gracefully, we would also like to caution against overstimulation of the skin that expedites the ageing process:
- Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light – Constant UV radiation can speed up the breaking down of the skin's collagen and elastic fibres to cause premature sagging and wrinkles
- Unhealthy diet – Imbalanced diet can cause deficiency of nutrients and minerals that are necessary for maintaining a healthy body and complexion. Overconsumption of sugar can also speed up the ageing of skin tissue
- Smoking – Smoking is harmful to the body and accelerates the ageing process which leads to dull and unhealthy skin
- Repeated facial expressions - Facial expressions like laughing, squinting or frowning can lead to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Harsh environmental conditions – Dry weather and polluted air increase the chance of the skin becoming dehydrated, cracked or inflamed
How Gua Sha Can Help
Many women are turning to facial Gua Sha for treating ageing skin conditions because relying on invasive anti-ageing procedures and injections come with a certain level of risks. In contrast, Gua Sha is natural, safe and easy to apply in the comfort of our home.
With Gua Sha, there is no need for harmful chemicals, painful treatments or chance of experiencing side effects. By applying simple scraping techniques on the face, head and neck with a Bian Shi stone, you can easily restore skin wellness that has long-lasting results.
Even the beautiful are besotted with facial Gua Sha. Supermodel Miranda Kerr and actress Zendaya, are fans. Here’s why:
- Releases toxins and clears away blockages that built up beneath the skin
- Promotes blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to improve and de-puff the skin
- Stimulates deeper layers of the skin which contains different types of protein to strengthen and improve the elasticity of the skin
- Boosts collagen growth for plumping saggy and wrinkled skin for a more supple look
- Energises ‘Qi’ circulation at various meridian points on the face, head and neck to relieve tension and restores a healthy glow
- Soothes and calms the mind, body and soul
YINA BIAN STONE GUA SHA